Thursday, June 8, 2017

Operation Actually Turns Nine

I started Operation Actually Read Bible on June 8, 2008. In the first post, I shared how I was 
"challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon." Later that year--in December--I shared my goals for the blog, "To be both a bookish blog and a non-bookish blog. On the one hand it's a place for keeping track of my own Bible reading and my reading in Christian fiction and Christian nonfiction. But on the other hand, it's a place for me to journal, to be myself, to share my thoughts, ideas, etc. with others. I'd like to post every day. But if that isn't possible--isn't realistic--then I'm hoping for at least three or four posts a week. I'd like it to be consistent enough that I can build a readership here."
Ten favorite posts from June 9, 2016-June 8, 2017

Feasting in Church part 2 (Feasting in church part one)
History Has Its Eyes On You
Book Review: The Barbarians Are Here
A Few Observations After Reading Job In One Sitting
Journaling Genesis #8
What's Your Ebenezer?
Bible Review: NLT Beyond Suffering Bible
True or false with A.W. Tozer (and another)
Ten artists I'd love to record Because He Lives
Week One, KJV Reformation Study Bible 

I only included one book review and one bible review in the list. But there are many books I would certainly go out of my way to recommend again.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: