Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Operation Actually Celebrates Eight Years!

I started Operation Actually Read Bible on June 8, 2008. In the first post, I shared how I was "challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon." Later that year--in December--I shared my goals for the blog, "To be both a bookish blog and a non-bookish blog. On the one hand it's a place for keeping track of my own Bible reading and my reading in Christian fiction and Christian nonfiction. But on the other hand, it's a place for me to journal, to be myself, to share my thoughts, ideas, etc. with others. I'd like to post every day. But if that isn't possible--isn't realistic--then I'm hoping for at least three or four posts a week. I'd like it to be consistent enough that I can build a readership here."

Ten Favorite Posts from June 9, 2015 - June 8, 2016

True or False with A.W. Tozer, June 28, 2015
Top Ten Knowing God Quotes, July 12, 2015
Book Review: Praying the Bible, September 12, 2015
The Happy Christian Playlist, October 25, 2015
DVD Review, Doctrines of Grace in the Gospel of John, November 23, 2015
Music Review: Glory to the Holy One, January 17, 2016
March's Scripture Chain Inspired By "BECAUSE HE LIVES" March 27, 2016
Welcome To Live Like You're Loved, April 1, 2016
Bible Review: Family Devotional Bible, April 18, 2016
On The First Year, OR, God's Providence, May 30, 2016

One thing I didn't realize until I started looking at my labels is this: if I've tagged everything correctly through the years--I've reviewed 905 books in 8 years!

Eight Authors I've Reviewed the Most:

A.W. Tozer (26)
John MacArthur (17)
J. Vernon McGee (10)
John Piper (9)
R.C. Sproul (8)
Erwin Lutzer (8)
Charles Spurgeon (8)
Martyn Lloyd-Jones (7)

Publishers I've Reviewed the Most For*:

Crossway (135)
Bethany House (88)
Revell (82)
Zondervan (37)
David Cook (27)
Tyndale (23)
Thomas Nelson (42)
B&H (20)
P&R Publishing (14)
Moody Publishers (12)

This includes review copies, books I've bought myself, books I've received as gifts, books I've borrowed from the library and friends. It's not just review copies.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: