Monday, July 29, 2013

Miscellaneous Quotes

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. ~ Corrie ten Boom
Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all: the apathy of human beings. ~ Helen Keller
You are more sinful than you ever dared to believe, but you are more loved than you ever dared to hope. ~ Mark Liederbach
God creates out of nothing. Therefore until man is nothing, God can make nothing out of him. ~ Martin Luther 
I really only love God as much as I love the person I love the least. ~ Dorothy Day
I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him. ~ Booker T. Washington
The Christian world is in a deep sleep; nothing but a loud shout can awaken them out of it! ~ George Whitefleld
So long as there is a human being who does not know Jesus Christ, I am his debtor to serve him until he does. ~ Oswald Chambers
Ask Paul why [the Law] was given. Here is his answer: That every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God (Romans 3:19). The Law stops every man’s mouth. I can always tell a man who is near the kingdom of God; his mouth is stopped. This, then, is why God gives us the Law to show us ourselves in our true colors. ~ D.L. Moody
There is nothing but God’s grace. We walk upon it; we breathe it; we live and die by it; it makes the nails and axles of the universe. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
I am much afraid that schools will prove to be the great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt. ~ Martin Luther

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: