Saturday, September 22, 2012

2012 Challenges: Fall Into Reading


Fall Into Reading
Hosted by Callapidder Days (link to sign up post)
September 22 through December 20

What I might read:


A Memory Between Us. Sarah Sundin. 2010. Revell. 450 pages.


Blue Skies Tomorrow. Sarah Sundin. 2011. Revell. 434 pages.


A Promise to Love. Serena B. Miller. 2012. Revell. (Oct. publication)


The Sermons of George Whitefield. (Two volumes). Edited by Lee Gatiss. 2012. Crossway. 976 pages. (Crossway, August pub.)


Wondrous Works of God: A Family Bible Story Book by Starr Meade (Crossway, September pub.)


All Things New by Lynn Austin (Bethany House, October pub.)


Grace Transforming by Philip Graham Ryken (Crossway, Oct. pub)


The Man Christ Jesus: Theological Reflections on the Humanity of Christ by Bruce A. Ware (Crossway, Nov. pub.)


Whispers in the Wind by Lauraine Snelling (Wild West Wind #2)


The Matchmakers of Butternut Creek by Jane Myers Perrine

What I actually read:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

6 comments:

Shonya said...

Oh no! Looks like I'm going to have to add some titles to my "want to read" list. I like Lynn Austin and Lorraine Snelling but have never read the titles you list. And Grace Transforming looks like it would be good. I've heard great things about Whitefield's sermons, maybe someday. . . Enjoy your fall reading!

Katrina said...

Looks good, Becky! I really need to pick up Wondrous Works of God. We read the previous book (Mighty Acts of God) for our family devotions and enjoyed them.

Enjoy all your fall reading!

Susanne said...

I love Lynn Austin. I'll be adding that to my list soon! Happy fall reading!

Brooke @ i blog 4 books said...

Great list! Happy reading this fall!

Anonymous said...

I think I like this list better than the one posted on your other site. I am very excited to see what you have to say about these. They are more to my liking! Thanks and I think I will put this link on my blog! Have a wonderful fall!

Cassandra said...

I definitely want to read The Sermons of George Whitefield. I find a lot of the older sermons very deep and thought provoking, much better than some of what I hear today. :)

Happy reading!
Cassandra