Friday, November 12, 2010

Gifts for Bible Lovers

Earlier in the fall, I posted a list of new Bibles released in 2010. I thought I would take a few minutes to expand the gift-recommendations. I'll start with a few CDs that I think Bible-lovers would really appreciate!

First, I'd like to recommend Glory Revealed and Glory Revealed II. Both of these are described as 'the Word of God in Worship.' And I've definitely found that to be the case! The lyrics are taken from Scripture. I've enjoyed listening to these through the months! My favorite from Glory Revealed is "By His Wounds" which is from Isaiah 53. And I love "To The Only God" and "Come, Worship The King" both songs gave me a new appreciation for the book of Jude! From the second album, I love, love, love "Rejoice in the Lord" and "What We Proclaim."

Songs/Scriptures/Artists from the first and second albums

He Will Rejoice (Zephaniah 3:17) Trevor Morgan
By His Wounds (Isaiah 53:5) Mac Powell, Steven Curtis Chapman, Brian Littrell, and Mark Hall
Waters Gone By (Job 11:13-20) Shawn Lewis
To the Only God (Jude 21-27) David Crowder And Shane And Shane
Glory Revealed Isaiah 40:3-5) Candi Pearson Shelton
Altar of God (Psalm 43:4) Josh Bates
Come, Worship the King (Jude 25)  Michael W. Smith with Shane & Shane
Who Is Like You (Exodus 15:2, 11, 13) Tim Neufeld
Restore To Me Psalm 51:9-12 ) Mac Powell And Candi Pearson-Shelton
You Alone (Rev. 15:3-4, Psalm 34:4-5) Brian Littrell


How Great (1 John 3:1, 16/ John 3:16) Mac Powell, Shane Everett, Jonathan Shelton & Brian Littrell
Rejoice In The Lord (Philippians 4:4-9) Trevor Morgan & Mark Hall
Wake Up, Oh Sleeper (Ephesians 5:14) Jason Crabb, Jonathan Shelton & Bear Rinehart
Since The World Began (Isaiah 64:1-9) Matt Maher, Ed Cash, Mac Powell & Amy Grant
Psalms 23           Trevor Morgan & Geoff Moore
Praise The Lord (Psalm 146) Natalie Grant & Laura Story
What We Proclaim (2 Corinthians 4:5; Psalm 115:1 Brandon Heath, Mike Donehey & Aaron Shust
Blessed Hope (Titus 2:13) Mac Powell & Shawn Lewis
There Is A City (Revelation 21:19-23; 22:1-5 & 17) Sara Evans & Bethany Olds
Cup Of Salvation (Psalm 116:1-2, 8-9, 12-13) Shane & Shane
Never (Hebrews 13:5-6) Shawn Lewis;Bethany Dillon
To You Be The Glory (Romans 11:33-36) Matt Maher; Kari Jobe

Also available Glory Revealed Live featuring five songs: "I'll Fly Away," "By His Wounds," "Glory Revealed," "Restore to Me," and "Come, Worship the King." 

I also discovered that there is a book. I haven't looked at it yet--so I can't say that it's a definite recommendation. Still, it is something to think about at least. 



I'm also recommending the City On A Hill Collection. It has three of the City on a Hill worship albums: City On A Hill, Sing Alleluia, The Gathering. Without a doubt, my favorite song is "God of Wonders". But there are many, many great songs included. Like "Covenant Song," "City On A Hill," "Precious Jesus," "Holy is the Lord," "Marvelous Light," "Communion," and "Holy is Your Name."

Note: There's a City On A Hill: It's Christmas Time.


When it comes to praise albums, it doesn't really get better than Caedmon's Call's In The Company of Angels I and II. (The second is In the Company of Angels: The World Will Sing.) Oh, how I love, love, love the first album especially. It's one I've listened to dozens of times. My favorite songs? "We Delight," "Before There Was Time," "Carry Your Love," and "I Boast No More." From the second, I especially love, "Great and Mighty," "Sing His Love," and "The Story."


And then, of course, there's Third Days' two praise albums: Offerings and Offerings II: All I Have To Give. My favorites? "King of Glory," "These Thousand Hills," "My Hope Is You," "Sing a Song," and "Creed."



This next one, Exodus, is definitely not new. But it's one of the first praise albums that I bonded with way back when. It was originally released in 1998. My favorites--and they are true favorites--are "Nothin'" "Draw Me Close" and "Agnus Dei."


There are three Rich Mullins CDs that I think are absolute musts. Songs, Songs II, and The Jesus Record. The 'Songs' albums are a collection of his best--his greatest--songs. The Jesus Record is a two disc set featuring Mullins' last work. It is an AMAZING album. I can't begin to convey how much I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one. From 'Songs': "Awesome God," "Creed," "If I Stand," "My One Thing," and "Sing Your Praise to the Lord." From Songs 2: "I Will Sing," "Hope To Carry On," "I See You," "Bound to Come Some Trouble." From The Jesus Record: "My Deliverer," "Surely God Is With Us," "Man of No Reputation," "Heaven In His Eyes," and "That Where I Am, There You..."

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Greta list Becky! I really enjoy Third Days music :)