Sunday, February 28, 2010

March Mini-Challenge: Praise the Lord!


I thought this month's mini-challenge could be a little different. I thought I would challenge myself--challenge us all--to devote more time to praising God. I've been reading through Psalms--that's the book I'm teaching from this past month--and praise is everywhere! David (and the other psalmists) were for praising God when times were good, when times were bad, when times just were. There was no situation that couldn't be turned into an opportunity to praise God.

For me, this means listening to praise music. To trying to find time to be in the moment with God. I'll be trying to create a praise-and-worship environment for thirty minutes a day all month long. You can set your own goals for the challenge if you choose to join in.

I'll try to write a few posts about my favorite praise songs throughout the month as well.


1 comment:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

OK I will take you up on this one! It sounds delightful. I haven't seen any of these praise videos yet so I am going to follow your lead. Every morning when I do my Quiet Time I will set aside 10 minutes to listen to praise music. I've been putting old Lamb songs on my iPod. They did a lot of the Psalms back in the 80s. I don't know if they are still recording. I'll look!