Sunday, March 1, 2015

March Memory Work

Though I've not set out to memorize anything in decades, I'm going to make an effort in 2015 to memorize Scripture. For February, these are the verses I'll be working on. I'll still be reviewing January's verses as well (Revelation 21:3-4Proverbs 3:5-6Psalms 34:38). And February's verses too: Psalm 95:6,7, Psalm 96:2, Psalm 103:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12.

Since most of my previous "memory" verses have been from Psalms, I sought out New Testament verses this time.

All from the ESV.

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
Hebrews 7:25
Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 
Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Psalm 138:8
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever; Do not forsake the work of your hands. 
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: