Friday, November 21, 2014

Book Review: The Christmas Cat

The Christmas Cat. Melody Carlson. 2014. Revell. 169 pages. [Source: Review copy]

I found The Christmas Cat to be cute and charming. Exactly what I expected it to be for the most part. Garrison Brown is the hero. When his grandmother dies, he returns to Vancouver, Washington to handle her estate. His grandmother's lawyer has very specific instructions for him to follow. She had six cats. Six cats too many for the very-extremely-allergic-to-even-just-one-cat Garrison Brown. He's to find homes for all six before he receives his inheritance. But the cats can't go to just any home. Among the rules, 1) must be adopted by someone in her own neighborhood, 2) that neighbor must have lived in the neighborhood over a year, 3) that neighbor must be a homeowner and not a renter...and that's just three of the many rules!!! Will Garrison Brown find homes for the cats? What will he do in the meantime?

I enjoyed this one. I enjoyed getting to know Garrison. I enjoyed hearing about his experiences and his dreams. I enjoyed meeting his neighbors. I liked spending time with all the characters. I liked this one. It was just a satisfying read. 

No comments: