Sunday, December 9, 2012

Memory Verse Suggestions for Book 1 of Psalms

Psalms is a great book. And there are plenty of verses worthy of attention--meditation or memorization. Here are a few I took notice of from the first book of Psalms, 1-41.

  • Psalms 3:5
  • Psalms 4:8
  • Psalms 5:3
  • Psalms 5:11
  • Psalms 7:17
  • Psalms 8:9
  • Psalms 9:1-2
  • Psalms 9:10
  • Psalms 13:5-6
  • Psalms 16:11
  • Psalms 18:30
  • Psalms 18:46
  • Psalms 19:7-11
  • Psalms 19:14
  • Psalms 23:1-6
  • Psalms 25:4-5
  • Psalms 27:1
  • Psalms 27:4
  • Psalms 27:8
  • Psalms 30:2
  • Psalms 30:4-5
  • Psalms 32:1-2
  • Psalms 32:5
  • Psalms 33:4-5
  • Psalms 34:1
  • Psalms 34:3
  • Psalms 34:4
  • Psalms 34:8
  • Psalms 37:4
  • Psalms 40:16-17
I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me. (Psalms 3:5, ESV)
In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalms 4:8, ESV)
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. (Psalms 5:3, NIV)
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. (Psalms 5:11, NKJV)
I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness, And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. (Psalms 7:17, NKJV)
O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! (Psalms 8:9, ESV)
I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High. (Psalms 9:1-2, NKJV)
Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. (Psalms 9:10, NIV)
But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the Lordbecause he has dealt bountifully with me. (Psalms 13:5-6, ESV)
You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalms 16:11, NKJV)
As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. (Psalms 18:30, NKJV)
The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let the God of my salvation be exalted. (Psalms 18:46, NKJV)

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple; The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them Your servant is warned, And in keeping them there is great reward. (Psalms 19:7-11, NKJV)
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. (Psalms 19:14, NKJV)
Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. (Psalms 25:4-5, NIV)
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalms 27:1, NKJV)
One thing I have desired of the LordThat will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LordAnd to inquire in His temple. (Psalms 27:4, NKJV)
When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.” (Psalms 27:8, NKJV)
O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. (Psalms 30:2, NKJV)
Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. (Psalms 30:4-5, NKJV)
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. (Psalms 32:1-2, ESV)
I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. (Psalms 32:5, ESV) 
For the word of the Lord is right, And all His work is done in truth. He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. (Psalms 33:4-5, NKJV)
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. (Psalms 34:1, NKJV)
Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. (Psalms 34:3, NKJV)
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! (Psalms 34:8, NKJV)
Delight yourself also in the LordAnd He shall give you the desires of your heart. (Psalms 37:4, NKJV)
Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let such as love Your salvation say continually, “The Lord be magnified!” But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; Do not delay, O my God. (Psalms 40:16-17, NKJV)

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: