Friday, June 8, 2012

Operation Actually Turns Four!

Today is my blogoversary! Today Operation Actually Read Bible turns four!!! For those new to the blog, you might want to know what it is all about. Well? Usually once over the weekend I post my own personal updates on what I've read in the Bible. And the rest of the posts are a blend of Christian fiction book reviews, Christian non-fiction book reviews, music reviews, announcing-challenge-posts, what's-coming-soon posts, etc. Occasionally, I'll do an opinion post. Occasionally, I'll try do get a discussion going. But mainly it's me talking about books and me talking about the BIBLE. Also once a year, I host a Read-the-New-Testament-in-a-Week event/challenge.

In my very first post, I wrote:

"I know--rationally speaking--that I NEED to read the Bible...that I NEED to study and read and pray. But it's not a part of my daily routine. Hence why I'm challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon."
I was surprised, at first, that people were interested in joining me in reading the Bible. That they saw this as an opportunity for a reading challenge--a perpetual reading challenge. But it was a happy surprise! If you're interested in joining, you can sign up on the initial post.

This year's Operation Deepen Faith post. This year's Cloud of Witnesses post.

My favorite posts from June 9, 2011 to June 8, 2012





© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: