Sunday, September 5, 2010

Music Review: Slugs, Bugs, And Lullabies



Slugs & Bugs & Lullabies. Andrew Peterson and Randall Goodgame. 2008. 41 minutes.

I will do my best to put into words how much I love, love, love this CD. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I mean I love, love, love Andrew Peterson. And I've never been disappointed in any of his projects. So I had high hopes for this one. And wow, what a great album this is!!!

It is a children's album. But I don't think you *have* to be a child to love this one. (Perhaps just a child at heart.) Eighteen songs--well, seventeen songs and a very cute, very sweet poem (Up). You'll find a blend of silly, sweet, catchy, and thought-provoking songs. (Yes, there are a couple of songs that make you think--deeply--about God, about faith. Not all the songs are 'religious' however. Plenty are just silly, silly, silly.) Some are fast; some are slow.

Here's the video for God Made Me. (One of the catchiest tunes from the album.)


  • Stop
  • Post Office
  • Piggy Little Toes
  • God Made Me
  • Dreams
  • Bears
  • Who's Got The Ball
  • Up
  • Tractor Tractor
  • Chicken Wiggle
  • Beans
  • Tiger
  • The Boy Who Was Bored
  • You Can Always Come Home
  • May the Lord Bless and Keep You
  • Beautiful Girl
  • My Baby Loves to Dance
  • Settle In, My Child, and Sleep

Favorite silly song? Hard to choose between Bears, God Made Me, and Piggy Little Toes. (I loved Dreams too.)

Here's "Bears" live...


And a live version of "Piggy Little Toes"


Favorite lullaby? I loved May the Lord Bless and Keep You, Beautiful Girl, You Can Always Come Home, and My Baby Loves to Dance.

You can order the album from the Rabbit Room or on Amazon.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: