Sunday, June 20, 2010

Spring Reading Thing 2010 Wrap-up


I finished thirteen books for this reading challenge:

1. Heart of Stone by Jill Marie Landis
3. Be Still My Soul edited by Nancy Guthrie
4. As Young As We Feel by Melody Carlson
5. She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
6. Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson
7. Raised With Christ by Adrian Warnock
9. Dig Deeper: Tools for Understanding God's Word. By Nigel Beynon and Andrew Sach.
11. The Sword. Bryan M. Litfin
12. A Hopeful Heart. Kim Vogel Sawyer.
13. Purity: A Godly Woman's Adornment. Lydia Brownback.

Did you finish reading all the books on your spring reading list? If not, why not?

I listed ten books.
  • Love Finds You in Homestead, Iowa by Melanie Dobson
  • Heart Of Stone by Jill Marie Landis
  • As Young As We Feel by Melody Carlson
  • Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson
  • She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
  • Be Still My Soul: Embracing God's Purpose & Provision in Suffering. Edited by Nancy Guthrie
  • Dig Deeper: Tools for Understanding God's Word by Nigel Beynon & Andrew Sach
  • Scandolous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus by D.A. Carson
  • The Kingdom of God by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  • Raised With Christ: How The Resurrection Changes Everythingby Adrian Warnock
I finished nine of those ten. I added four more.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?

My goal was to read ten books. I added to my list as I went along.

What was your favorite book that you read this spring?

Probably my favorite was Raised With Christ: How the Resurrection Changes Everything by Adrian Warnock. Though it is *really* difficult trying to choose between a fiction and nonfiction title. I went with nonfiction because I learned so much more from it. But the fiction I read, for the most part, was very enjoyable as well.

Did you discover a new author or genre this spring? Did you love them? Not love them?

I read several new-to-me authors. Jill Marie Landis. Nigel Beynon & Andrew Sach. D.A. Carson. Adrian Warnock. Bryan M. Litfin. Lydia Brownback.

Did you learn something new because of Spring Reading Thing 2010 — something about reading, or yourself, or a topic you read about?

I read a lot of great christian nonfiction!

What was your favorite thing about the challenge?

The reading, of course!

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

3 comments:

Susanne said...

You finished a lot of great sounding books! Enjoy your summer!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great job! I just read your review of Dig Deeper and I've decided I'll have to get that one. The other nonfiction books on your list look really good too. Thanks for being part of SRT '10!

Nise' said...

Great Spring reading! We both read She Walks In Beauty.