Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand (March)

Eon Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman. I'm on page 159. This is surely a page-turner! I don't imagine it will be by my nightstand much longer!

Streams of Babel by Carol Plum-Ucci. I'm on page 175. This one is exciting, but a bit too intense. I'm reading it a chapter or two at a time instead of rushing through it.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I'm on page 268. I listened to this one on audio in January. But haven't found the time to read it-read it yet. Other books keep taking priority.

Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens. I'm on page 147. The long chapters are dragging me down. But this one is surprisingly funny.

The Heights by Brian James. I'm on page 56. This one is a modern retelling of Wuthering Heights. Any wonder I'm finding the characters unsympathetic?!

For Bible reading, I'm in the ESV Study Bible--I'm in Leviticus. And the 1599 Geneva Bible, I'm in Psalms.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I was going to listen to the Book Thief. I keep forgetting.

Carrie said...

I've never heard of Our Mutual Friend. Huh! I tried The Book Thief but couldn't get into it. I think it IS well written, I just wasn't grabbed by it. I keep thinking I need to give it another shot.